Bacon Sweet Potato Spinach Casserole
This tasty casserole is quick and easy to make for dinner or for a special breakfast or brunch. Refrigerate any leftovers – it also tastes great the next day. Add some fun with optional toppings such as salsa, avocado slices, grated cheese or sour cream (if dairy tolerated), chili flakes.
- 200 g bacon, chopped (7 oz)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 8 large eggs (or 9 small)
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk (unsweetened, full fat)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and spices; continue cooking for about 10-12 minutes, until sweet potatoes just tender.
- Add chopped spinach and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Transfer bacon mixture to 9×13 casserole dish; spread evenly on bottom.
- Whisk the eggs and coconut milk in large bowl; pour over mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until set and not jiggly,
- Optional serving ideas: avocado slices, salsa, chili flakes, sour cream/grated cheese (if dairy tolerated)