Berry Banana Muffins
This recipe evolved from a banana muffin that I used to make almost every week for five years! Though it was a favorite with my kids and many of their friends, it was time for a change… The fruit in this muffin provide a natural sweetness and moistness that is sure to please, and the almond flour (a healthy fat) will help keep you feeling full for longer than a wheat-based muffin. Great for a quick breakfast, snack, or packed in a lunchbox – hope you like it!
- 3 cups almond flour (300g)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs (organic and pasture raised if possible)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (60ml)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, combination; if using strawberries, cut them into blueberry-sized pieces) (150g)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In large bowl, smash bananas, then add rest of wet ingredients except for berries and combine.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, then fold in the berries.
- Spoon into muffin tin; top with additional berries if desired.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until muffin tops spring back when touched.
- Cool on a baking rack (maybe sample one while still warm – delicious!)
- Store in fridge in air-tight container.