All-In Veggie Curry
This simple and hearty dish is delicious way to use up lots of veggies, and is also a great option if you are cooking for family/friends that don't eat meat. That being said, would be easy to add a chicken breast, prawns or a poached egg on top for additional protein. All done in one pot, so quick clean-up too! Enjoy the beautiful rainbow of veggies….
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 5 sticks celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 3-6 oz baby spinach, chopped (85-170g)
- 3 Tbsp (heaping) curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 10 oz jar chick peas, drained and rinsed (260g); can use 2 jars for additional protein
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (16oz/400ml)
- 28 oz chopped tomatoes (800g)
- Dice up all the veggies so they are ready to go (makes it very easy then to put together!)
- Heat up a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and bell peppers; sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, lemon juice, baby spinach and curry powder; cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add sea salt, chili powder, sweet potatoes, chick peas, coconut milk and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve with rice, cauli-rice, over some broccoli, or on a bed of greens. Store in air-tight container in fridge.